Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Death of Anoosh



Hey Znep, I know that you have been craving for my masterpiece (LOL) so here is the next post of my blog. Sadly to say, today is a sad day in Marjane Satrapi's life. After reading this part, I found myself sharing Marjie's pain because in these few pages I've read, Marjie encounters his living breathing uncle which she was very proud of because she feels he is a hero for opposing the Shah unlike his dad and she finds herself attached to him and was very enthusiastic in hearing stories about what his uncle did. Sad to say though, that their relationship came to an abrupt stop after a few weeks because uncle Anoosh was hauled of to jail for the "stock" charges at that time which was being a communist as you probably have figured out from the picture. Marjie was devastated yet she kept a brave front even when her uncle requested a last encounter with her before he was finally unjustly executed the very next day at the charges of being a Russian Spy.By this moment, she was so beyond comfort that she screamed at god : "Shut Up You! Get Out of My Life!!! I never want to see you again!" ( Satrapi70). This story has truly moved me about how much suffering a child at her age had to endure during those times and it really make feel blessed that we live in a peaceful country. I have to stop here now and hopefully I can post another masterpiece soon so keep your fingers crossed XD .

No comments: