Monday, November 24, 2008

Is This The War of The Black Gold or Clear Water???


This is a response to Ted and Lucas's presentation. First of all, Great job you guys for the great and informative presentation. It really opened my eyes and amazed me when you said in your power point presentation, " All this while, people thought Iraq invaded Iran for its oil but in reality, they just wanted to control all the drinking water and they used the kurds as an excuse" (Ted). Furthermore, at that point I was still in doubt because I find it hard to believe that water which can be found anywhere could be a bigger reason for a war than oil or as some people call it the " Black Gold". Yet when you supplied further proof in your blog that "Saddam Hussein, the Iraqi leader at the time claimed that the dispute over territorial borders of the Shatt Al-Arab which is a waterway between the two countries" ( Lucas), it really cleared my doubts. I guess in a desert-like country such as Iran an Iraq water is so scarce that it can even be more valuable than oil. Anyway, good job on all the stuff you have shown, it really shows you guys work hard and I hope I can see more of your work in the future. ( Even though we don't need to do work cited for pictures I really feel like plagerizing if I didn't give credit to Lucas for this picture.)

No comments: