Monday, November 3, 2008

The history of Marjane Satrapi

Hey Znep, today has not been a very good day. I was supposed to read a what surprisingly seems like a comic entitled "Persepolis" but did not manage to finish it because I was doing too many things in the weekend. That will teach me to procrastinate in the future T_T. So anyway, even though i only manage to leaf through the first few page, I find myself having an epiphany about Iran the country. All this time, I thought all middle east people like Iraq, Iran,etc are all evil because of all their problems and how they choose to solve it.(No offense I know you are from turkey which makes it kinda close). Yet, after reading Marjane Satrapi's introduction and reading the first few page of the book, I finally realize that Iran is actually victim to a common enemy : "stereotyping" just because of some bad seeds who seems to not value their lives, The whole of Iran takes the blame. Anyway, this is my first time and I know I suck at this LOL but I hope I'll do better next time.

No comments: